You’re here. Which means chances are you’re hungry, looking for a writer, or you’re my mom.
I began writing about food in Madison, WI because the husband and I get one night out a month together: the Big Date Night. That means we hire a babysitter, take in plenty of caffeine during the day and hope that the restaurant we choose and the dish and the drink will all be worth the effort it took to get us out of the house.
We get one night a month to get it right and it sucks when we don’t. We’ve been to a lot of local restaurants–both new and long-time favorites–and like you, I know I’ve found a good dish when I can’t stop thinking about it for days, weeks after I’ve had it.
I’m that friend, who will tell you about it here and offer suggestions on where to dine next.
And…I love to cook and bake at home (and I do in fact wear a blue apron while I do so). You can look forward to me sharing recipes from some of my favorite cookbooks such as:
- Essentials of Classic Italian Cooking (Marcella Hazan)
- Dinner (Melissa Clark)
- Ottolenghi (Yotam Ottolenghi & Sami Tamimi)
- Near & Far (Heidi Swanson)
- The Blue Chair Jam Cookbook (Rachel Saunders)
- Dolce Italiano (Gina DePalma)
- Maida Heatter’s Book of Great Desserts
as well as my family’s Italian-American favorites.
If you’re an entrepreneur and your business is food and drink and you’ve found yourself thinking:
- I’m the head of this company–I should not be writing these blog posts.
- I have so much other stuff I should be working on right now.
- But who else can I trust with my vision, my voice?
Email me (firstname.lastname@example.org). Let’s talk about getting some great, consistent and value-added content on your website.
And if you’d like to discuss this over lunch, I know a great place.